Cheer and Dance Team TryoutsDecember 6, 2010
ANDERSON, S.C. – Anderson University Head Cheer and Dance team coach Judy Poole has announced tryouts for the 2010-2011 squad.
The cheerleading program is made up of 19 female students, who work very hard supporting all varsity sports, with the most time consuming being the AU men’s and women’s basketball teams.
Tryouts for the squad are in the spring every year. Tryouts for the 2010-2011 teams will be March 26, 2010, from 5-9 p.m., and March 27, 2010, from 9-12 p.m., in Abney Gym. All candidates are responsible for their overnight accommodations.
TRYOUT REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• STUNTING WITHIN A 4 PERSON GROUP, EITHER AS A FLIER, BASE, OR SPOTTER – INCLUDES ONE-LEGGED STUNTS WITH ELEMENT AND FULL-DOWNS
• TUMBLING PASSES ARE DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED. (HANDSPRINGS, TUCKS, ETC.)
• ONE CHEER WILL BE TAUGHT AND PERFORMED IN A GROUP
• ALL CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO BRING A DANCE AND PERFORM IT (MAX 20 SECONDS)
• TOE TOUCH AND OPTIONAL JUMP
DANCE TEAM REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
• Pirouettes (single & double)
• Leaps (right & left)
• Kicks (side, front, & hitch)
• Previous dance experience at a studio or on a team (3+ years is required)
• A good attitude & work ethic...TEAMWORK!!
Scholarships are available and award amounts are based on scores at tryouts.
All participants must have a current physical to be able to participate in tryouts. If you are a current senior in high school and have one on file, it will be accepted but it must be accompanied by the attached waiver.
For more information, Contact Cheer Coach Judy Poole at
864-221-5139 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.