ANDERSON, S.C. – Anderson University men's soccer team remained red-hot winning its South Atlantic Conference Championship quarterfinal match, 2-1, against Lincoln Memorial on Tuesday evening at Trojan Stadium.
The Trojans improve to 9-4-3 overall while the Lincoln Memorial falls to 8-4-4 overall.
- Anderson narrowly outshot the Railsplitters claiming a 15-14 edge
- The Black and Gold and LMU both took one corner kick apiece
- Lincoln Memorial recorded 10 shots on goal while Anderson was credited with eight
- AU's Gal Elyashiv recorded eight saves on the afternoon
- LMU's keeper Caleb Cothrin was credited with six saves
- The Anderson – Lincoln Memorial series now sits at 7-5-1 all-time in favor of the Railsplitters
- AU's Colin Burris scored both of the Trojans goals
- Anderson has won six straight matches losing only one match in the month of October
- The Black and Gold's backline played stellar helping the Trojans advance to the semifinals
- No. 4 Anderson advances to the semifinal round of the SAC Championship to top-seeded Lenoir-Rhyne on Friday. Kick-off is slated for 4:30 pm at Manchester Meadows in Rock Hill, S.C.