WINGATE, N.C. – Anderson University women's basketball team won its ninth game in a row in nail biter fashion over South Atlantic Conference foe Wingate, 67-65, on Wednesday evening at Cuddy Arena.
With the victory, the Trojans move to 11-2 overall and 5-0 in conference play while the Bulldogs fall to 8-4 overall and 3-2 in SAC action.
- The Trojans made only 2-of-6 fouls shots through the first 38 minutes of action. The final seven minutes, AU went 6-of-8 to close out the game
- Wingate outrebounded the Trojans 42-32 33-13 in the first quarter
- Anderson made five more three pointers than Wingate
- AU's bench outscored the Bulldogs bench 27-20
- The Bulldogs placed two players in double-digit scoring (Caroline Averette-21 pts) and (Courtney Robinson – 10 pts)
- Sophomore Taylor Hair netted 11 points and grabbed six rebounds coming off of the bench
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer dropped in 18 points while grabbing nine rebounds
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in eight points while chasing down six rebounds
- Sophomore Alexis Tate came off the bench to contribute eight points on 4-of-6 shooting
Anderson continues its four-game road swing when it plays Coker on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2 pm.