Anderson, S.C – The No. 11/21 ranked Anderson University women's basketball team broke both team and individual records in its, 121-56, rout over South Atlantic Conference Mars Hill extending its win streak to 14 on Wednesday night at the Abney Athletic Center.
With the victory, Anderson moves to 16-2 overall and 10-0 in conference play while Mars Hill drops to 1-13 overall and 0-10 in SAC action.
- Anderson outrebounded the Lions 48-18
- The Trojans shot 17-of-18 from the free-throw line
- Anderson shot a season-high 42-68 (61.8%) from the field
- The Trojans shot a season-high 20-of-33 (60.6%) from beyond the arc
- The Black and Gold scored a season-high 39 points in the first period of play scoring a season-high 61 points after two quarters of play
- The Lions placed four players in double-digit scoring with Shayla Smith scoring a team-high 16 points, Tatum Boggs netted 14 points, Mariah Johnson scoring 11 points and Alexis Pardue chipping in 10 points
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer tied her career-high with 29 points while pulling down 10 rebounds. Mollenhauer has amassed 12 double-doubles in a season which is an AU single season record, since joining the SAC in 2010. The junior forward also eclipsed the 1000 career-point mark
- Senior Ace Easter scored a career-high 47 points on 13-of-15 shooting including 13-of-14 from 3-point land and 8-of-8 from the free throw line. Easter's 47 points broke the all-time SAC single game record and ranks second in the NCAA single game scoring this season. The 13 made 3-point baskets broke the all-time SAC single game record.
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in 5 points while dishing out 12 assists
- Sophomore Alexis Tate netted 11 points while ripping down six rebounds in 15 minutes of action
- All Trojans on the roster scored for the second game in a row while playing at least six minutes or more on the evening
- Anderson broke the single season SAC record for most made 3-point baskets in a game with 20
- Anderson has won 14 straight games
- The 121 points scored broke Anderson's all-time single game total which was 119 points in a home win over Limestone in 2004
Anderson welcomes SAC opponent Queens on Saturday. Tip-off is slated for 2 pm.