ANDERSON S.C. – The 18th ranked Anderson University women's basketball team extended the fourth-longest winning streak in the country to 20 games using solid defense to defeat South Atlantic Conference foe Carson-Newman on Wednesday evening at the Abney Athletic Center.
With the victory, the Anderson moves to 22-2 overall and 16-0 in SAC play while the Eagles fall to 18-6 overall and 11-5 in conference action.
- The Trojans held the Eagles to 23-of-75 (30.7%) shooting.
- Anderson won the rebound advantage, 57-47.
- Carson-Newman recorded seven steals while Anderson was credited with seven blocked shots.
- Anderson's bench outscored the Eagles bench 26-0.
- Junior Madison Baggett chipped in six points while ripping down 12 rebounds.
- Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a team-high 20 while grabbing 13 rebounds to record her 16th double-double of the season.
- Seniors Ace Easter netted 19 points pulling down four rebounds while recording three assists and two blocked shots.
- Senior Erika Martin exploded off the bench to score a career-high 18 points while grabbing seven rebounds in 26 minutes of action.
- Carson-Newman placed four players in double digit scoring with Haris Price leading all-scorers with 26 points. Kayla Marosites, Briana Smith and Addison Byrd all chipped in 10 points. Marosites and Byrd each recorded a double-double by pulling down 10 and 11 rebounds, respectively.
- The Trojans held the Eagles to their lowest first half scoring of the season only allowing 27 points.
- With Trojan the win and the Wingate loss to Lenoir-Rhyne in other SAC action, the Black and Gold are guaranteed at least a share of the SAC Title.
Anderson will welcome Coker on Saturday for the yearly Play4Kay game. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 pm.