ANDERSON, S.C. – The Anderson University women's basketball team placed four players in double-figures winning its final regular season home game extending its 22 game win streak with a, 82-76, over South Atlantic Conference opponent Newberry on Saturday evening at the Abney Athletic Center.
With the victory, the Trojans move to 24-2 overall and 18-0 in SAC play while the Wolves fall to 15-10 overall and 9-9 in conference action.
- The Trojans bench outscored the Wolves reserves 23-8.
- Two Newberry players combined for 56 points while AU had four players scored a combined 65 points.
- Anderson shot 30 free throws making 21 while Newberry made 8-of-11.
- The lead changed 12 times with eight ties.
-Junior Alexy Mollenhauer scored a team-high 19 points while pulling down 10 rebounds to record her 18th double-double of the season.
-Senior Ace Easter netted 18 points on 7-of-15 shooting while grabbing four rebounds.
-Sophomore Taylor Hair scored 18 points off the bench on 7-of-12 shooting.
-Senior Erika Martin chipped in 10 points ripping down seven rebounds in 22 minutes of action.
- Newberry's Shelby Britten and Meg Essex shared game-high honors scoring 28 points apiece.
-Anderson has won 19 straight home games dating back to Jan. 20, 2018.
-The Black and Gold have won 22 straight games closing in on AU's all-time 23 game win streak during the 2004-05 season.
Anderson hits the road for a two-game road swing that will finalize the 2018-19 regular season. The Trojans will face Mars Hill on Wednesday with tip-off slated for 6 pm.